Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Should Have Escaped from Nigeria after Stealing N45m ––Arrested Graduate


The Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command has apprehended a 30-year-old man believed to have been the mastermind of two robberies at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in the year 2012 and 2013.

Crying out about his involvement in crime, the money he made and his arrest, the graduate said:
“My regret is that I did not heed the advice of my friends who told me to run away from the country because N45m was enough to do good business abroad. 
“I also feel sad that God saved me and gave me the opportunity to escape, but I messed it up. God really loved me because all our members were rounded up and I was the only one left, yet I did not use the opportunity to escape.”
The suspect, Samuel Mayegun, who claimed to be a graduate of Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in Ogun State, was arrested in the Ikorodu area of Lagos last Thursday.

The suspect, who claimed to have made about N45m from the robberies, said he continued to rob because all his investments had failed.

He reiterated that his only regret was that he did not flee the country when he had the chance to.

The suspect, who claimed to be married with children, said he continued to rob because he was constantly in bad business losing money from such businesses.

He said, “I invested some of my share in some businesses: I bought lands and trucks for transport business. Some of my share was taken from me by some street urchins who got wind of the robbery and threatened to report me to the police, so I gave them some money. Unfortunately, my transport business did not move well and I became broke.

“I did not want to go back to robbery because all other members had been arrested by SARS, but because of hunger, I was forced to make one more attempt this year. I was unlucky that it was in SARS hands that I landed.”

According to a Punch report, Mayegun was arrested by SARS men, led SP Abba Kyari, while he was staging another robbery with four others.

Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, while parading the suspects, said they were arrested based on a tip-off by a credible source. They will all be charged to court.

No comments:

Post a Comment